This initiative significantly contributes to reducing reliance on concrete and aggregates, with the rubber slab playing a key role in lessening a project’s carbon footprint.
Walkway Panel Overview
Walkway panels don’t just serve immediate needs, but also prove beneficial in the long term, providing compounded savings both financially and environmentally over their lifetime.
- Quick and safe to install
- Minimal ground prep with 40mm gravel foundation based upon GI and CBR of 2.5
- Slip resistance with PSV 45
- Non weather dependant install
- Maintenance free, preventing weeds and rodents
- Flexibility within the design to create straight, curved or right angle footpaths
The estimated carbon benefits are as follows:
- Standard pathway using concrete slabs: 6kg carbon positive per slab (+0.006 tCo2e)
- Composite pathway: 11kg carbon negative per slab (-0.011 tCo2e)
With the reduction in bedding material, we anticipate a negative carbon impact of 22 tons for every 1Km of access walkways.
Download the Walkway Panel brochure by clicking the link below: