Rosehill Rail’s rubber edge beams are installed in exactly the same way as concrete alternatives and are made from 100% recycled tyre rubber, bonded using innovative cold cure technology to ensure a long life.
Foregoing concrete edge beams in favour of our rubber alternatives allows customers to achieve huge weight savings with a long-lasting product which won’t crack or spall.
Edge Beam Overview
- The Rosehill rubber edge beam for level crossings has been designed as the genuine alternative to concrete. Also known as kerbs, or cill beams, they are used to support the cess, 6 foot or outer crossing panels.
- Installed in the same way as concrete edge beams, our rubber beams offer massive weight savings and are easy to fit with the Rosehill lifting pins. Lifting holes are positioned to aid the installation process and minimise installation times.
- Made from 100% recycled tyre rubber and bonded using our innovative cold cure technology ensures a long life. The beams will not crack or spall (unlike brittle concrete!) and are extremely tough and durable, withstanding many years of heavy vehicular traffic and climate conditions, with little (if any) maintenance.
- Available in standard 1.8 metre lengths and ready for installation upon arrival at site, beams can be delivered efficiently and stacked without the problems associated with concrete. They are ideal for use on both new installations and maintenance projects.
- The Rosehill Rail rubber edge beam has full Network Rail acceptance and can be viewed at our demonstration facility in Sowerby Bridge.